Monday, August 28, 2006

069 - with Links!

Doomed 1. Doomed
10,000 user submitted reason why civilization is doomed. Even though I could probably fill in all 10,000 slots, I decided to only submit one. See if you can find it.

Yo-yo powered MP3 players are currently just a beautiful dream, but if it comes to fruition, maybe someday we'll be running everything off yo-yo power.

Sim City 3. Sim City
If you have the proper operating system, you can play the old-school classic Sim City online right now! The site requires registration, but if you want to skip it try using bugmenot.com, which is totally awesome in its own right.

Even his mother doesn't have a collection of Paul Lynde video clips this big.

Planet 5. Pluto < Planet
I'm sure you're as tired of hearing about Pluto as I am. However, here's a funny story about it. With pictures.

............................................................


14 comments:

rachel said...

I hope yours was the hubris one. that may be my fave.

theWatchList said...

Thanks for helping spread the word about the protests for Pluto. The international science community has been doing everything they can to keep this out of the media.

Christopher Clark said...

I know what you mean. There's also some rumor about Tom Cruise being a crazy asshole, but I haven't really heard anything about it.

JD said...

i'm with you on the crazy asshole thing. i heard from a friend of a friend that he NEVER says thanks when somebody holds a door for him. it's too bad we have to get our information about tom from FOAF's.
furthermore, kudos to the "int'l science community" for their impressive suppession of the pluto conspiracy! way to go! IMHO that PLANET is a scrapper! it's definitely one of my favorites.

JD said...

i'm with you on the crazy asshole thing. i heard from a friend of a friend that he NEVER says thanks when somebody holds a door for him. it's too bad we have to get our information about tom from FOAF's.
furthermore, kudos to the "int'l science community" for their impressive suppession of the pluto conspiracy! way to go! IMHO that PLANET is a scrapper! it's definitely one of my favorites.

Christopher Clark said...

DING! DING! DING!

We have a (smartass) winner.

Gina said...

However, Ookla the Mok and Thundarr the Barbarian are reasons for all of us to carry on.

What was your submission? Lawnmowers? I know it isn't the one lamenting the fact that 2/3 of Americans believe that evolution is plausible. I give up. It had better not be the banality one.

TELL ME.
G

Gina said...

P.S. I love Paul Lynde. Thanks!

G

Christopher Clark said...

It should be pretty easy to find, by just doing a couple of page searches for possible names with which I might sign my submissions.

P.S. I added a second, more physical reason why civilization is doomed.

Christopher Clark said...

P.P.S.

I love how there are still people thinking "I'll bet none of the 2640 people that posted before my thought to say anything related to how bad George W. Bush is."

Gina said...

2131?

G

Christopher Clark said...

Also check out 2421.

rachel said...

I hope #3248 is a different Christopher. it's awfully gloomy.

Christopher Clark said...

Although the logical portion of my brain agrees with that guy's statement to a certain degree, I wouldn't have been able to write that without utilizing a small amount of my incredibly well developed dry sardonic wit and displaying my extraordinary knack for building grammatically correct run-on sentences.